Saturday, August 7, 2010

From the Inside Out

So in about one hour I will be on my way to my very first staff meeting of the year! Super nervous and excited.

I'm excited because this is what I've been working toward all summer with fundraising: being on campus with students. Granted it's only our initial staff meetings but this really gets the ball rolling. Can't wait to see where the Lord leads ASU this semester! 

A good portion of my nervousness, however, is stemming from fear; fear that I will fail the Lord, fail my co-workers; fail students; fail my family; fail myself. I'm afraid I'm disgustingly inadequate.

Earlier my roommate cheered me up and encouraged me by singing to me. She sang several songs including From the Inside Out, one of my absolute favsWhen we were worshipping to this song the Lord reminded me that I will fail but that I can't operate out of fear but out of confidence and trust in Jesus! It's not about me. Lord, John 3:30!

These are some things that I'd rather not share but I wanted this blog to be a true reflection of my life. I'm so thankful the Lord is who He is and that I can have confidence, boldness and courage because He is who He says He is and I am who He says I am: beloved, His child, justified, redeemed, chosen, righteous... and so much more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment